Tuesday 20 August 2019

Avina - champagne and wine stopper

Early August I received an email from Janet Harrison, the founder of People's Choice Wine Awards, asking if I'd be interested in reviewing the Avina Champagne and Wine stopper.

'Avina Wine Products sponsored the Best Sparkling Wine Rest of World category last year and will do so again in 2020. They are really keen to test their products with wine lovers, like yourselves. If you'd like to receive a fizz stopper ...... (I will) ...... organise for one to be sent in the post for you to 'road 

Being a Round 1 and Round 2 judge at the People's Choice Wine Awards 2019 was great fun. If you missed my reviews of the event here's the links to my posts .... from judging to presentations. 





This year's competition to become a Round 1 judge closes on 31st August so if you would like to be part of the 2020 awards send in your application 

The wines to be judged can be entered by anyone - producers, growers, retailers, distributors, independents... wine submitions must be in by 30th September.


Whilst I enjoy wine tasting events it's not always easy to get there; this said I am more than happy to review wine and wine products at home so had no hesitation in replying 'yes please' to Janet. 

I really enjoy sharing my discoveries on my blog and on social media as @Aimetu 

My Avina stopper arrived soon after; it's been great fun testing this gadget. My photo gallery is a timeline of discovery ..... you'll be amazed!

My Avina stopper arrived with a beautiful postcard
and letter (click the photo to read)
Rivamonte Prosecco (Majestic Wine)
a very nice glass of bubbles

The Avina stopper is so elegant, clean lines in its
design giving it a very high end sophisticated look.
So easy to use, pop into the bottle and
pull the silver disc down to seal.
My bottle of fizz sealed until tomorrow.
Bubbles sealed in the bottle - day one
Avina is easy opening too, simply lift
the silver disc to vertical. There was
a good pressure on opening day two.
I was very impressed with how easy the Avina stopper is to use. There is no need to try to fit around the neck rim of a bottle, or struggle to get two levers down at the same time. The cork fits straight into the bottle and the silver disc is easy to push down to become horizontal. 

Being impressed with the bubbles on day two I decided to give this little gadget a real work out ... my bottle sealed again I left it in the fridge for ...... a week!


Still some bubbles - ok a week was maybe
a little long but it was an impressive result.
Thank you Janet and Avina for the opportunity to review this great Champagne and Wine stopper.  It will be used for every bottle of fizz in our home as even between pours I like to keep the bubbles in. I'm keen to try it with wine now too so keep reading for a review update !

Amazing gadget - thank you Avina




No comments: