Monday 8 April 2019

2 years on ...

Yesterday marked two years since my fall which marred not only Cuvée Reserve 2017 Wine Weekend but has has affected my (and my Hubby's) life since. If you don't know the story this was my blog post back then - Stratford Weekend

It was Grand National weekend and unknown to me I had a horse in the sweepstake the others did as part of their Majestic tasting .... amazingly my horse won! The prize was a stunning bottle of Moet 2008 which Hubby and I enjoyed at my first big achievement - our bed finally moving upstairs after 4 months sleeping in the conservatory - Celebration bubbly

Our friends also gave us a bottle of Greywacke Sauvignon Blanc which they had all enjoyed at the tasting. Sauvignon Blanc is my favourite grape and so I have been saving this bottle for a special moment .......

....... yesterday was that moment.

Four weeks ago I had all the metalwork removed from my ankle, a tendon flattened and a nerve repaired. My foot is quite sore as I now have a five inch scar either side of my ankle, however it now feels like it actually belongs to me and is not just a lump on the end of my leg. My movement is returning, I can walk up/down stairs, get my boots on and manage about half way round a small supermarket. It's early days but hopefully once the scars have healed, the swelling has gone down and my mobility increases I will feel like myself again and be back to 'me' before 7th April 2017.

So two years on and starting to feel normal, yesterday was Greywacke day. Hubby and I enjoyed this nicely chilled, initially on it's own and then with our chicken dinner.

It was a lovely wine, great glisten in the glass giving it an inviting appearance. It was full of peach and melon on the nose with a blossom background. It's flavour was soft white fruit and grapefruit, plenty of citrusy crispness with a smooth finish.

I did enjoy this wine, such a shame it wasn't back in 2017 with our friend whose gift was very much appreciated, salute!


No comments: