Wednesday 15 January 2020

Drop the Gin is going well

I must start this post with a HUGE thank you to everyone who has supported our fundraising for Cancer Research and my local hospital's Breast Care Unit. Philippa and I are so grateful and for me personally it gives a focus through some difficult days.

Chemotherapy smiles
It's half way through our Dry January challenge and Philippa and I are doing ok. I have discovered some lovely non-alcoholic gin, tried some no alcohol wine and Philippa is enjoying Elderflower cordial.

Quite refreshing
although it's the same price as real gin !
My non-alcoholic rose wine
I am starting to think about a nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc, mainly because I'm feeling better after my first week of chemotherapy. I'll hold out though for our bottle of Champagne Autreau chilling nicely for 1st February. It's a bottle we purchased when we had a superb visit to their domaine in 2018.

The beautiful flowers in my non wine photo are a surprise gift from Jo and everyone at Cellier des Dauphins - I have fond memories of being at their launch evening last November, here's the link to our super evening. My flowers are still looking lovely a week on, thank you Jo.


Today I had another surprise; a rose, some tea and some shortbread from Brittany Ferries. We've travelled on many of their boats; one of our early sailing was in 1992 and last year I woke up on my birthday onboard Normandie with room service breakfast- so lovely as you can see in my 'Our petit tour de France' post.

Thank you so much to the Brittany Ferries team, you made my day.


This week I am feeling more like myself, although I don't seem to have much energy. Next week they say I'll feel good, there's more hospital appointments and a dreaded blood test before my second round of chemotherapy. It's a totally new world to Hubby and I: scary, worrying, confusing but we are hoping to resume our little trips away as the weeks progress.

Thank you again to everyone for your kindness, I really do appreciate it 😍

No comments: