Monday 14 May 2018

The Barn

Set out in the Warwickshire countryside The Barn is a family run business offering good food and a variety of beers. It was previously a micro brewery and the current owners are brewing again.

The outside is welcoming with ample parking and a wide entrance, I loved the use of pallet wood to make plant holders.
The Barn
The menu has plenty of choice and Chef was very good, making me a green salad with my steak, a beautiful meal. 

For starter we chose the baked camenbert, something I cook at home which we both love. It came with bread and three jams/chutneys; my favourite was the fig and liquorice, absolutely delicious. 
Baked Camenbert
For mains Hubby and I had steak, as I mentioned before mine was with lovely green salad with advocado, brocolli and beans. Hubby's came with a basket of chuncky chips, both steaks were cooked perfectly, more like mini chateaubriand than flat steak.

Our son ordered a burger, great choice with his Pravha beer. It was a sizeable burger too and was also accompanied by a basket of chunky chips. 

Hubby's steak
My super green salad and steak
Son's burger
 Our meals were all very filling, so much so we decided not to have one of the delicious sounding desserts, especially the bread and pudding.

It's a really relaxing in The Barn, open plan with an upstairs mezaine yet it isn't noisy and still has a personal feel when at your table.
The Barn open plan 
Beers on tap
Beer selection
 If you fancy a drive or cycle in the Warwickshire countryside I would certainly plan a lunch stop at The Barn




No comments: