Tuesday 19 April 2022

Our Easter weekend

We had quite a busy Easter starting on Good Friday with a visit to Hubby's aunt. She lives in a lovely complex in a spacious one bedroom apartment with a sunny balcony. As it was Good Friday we all enjoyed hot cross buns after our sandwiches. 



Saturday was a day when life felt like it used to, and should, be. Our friends had a house party to celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary, the first time we have been all together with all our friends for a long time. We sat out in the garden all evening enjoying good wine keeping warm by the bbq. Celebrations always need cake and being Easter it had to be chocolate, my first attempt at smoothing buttercream icing.  


Talking of cakes I made a Sinmel cake for my mum and step-dad, an Easter tradition. And following traditions my Grandmother's tree (a twig saved from her twisted hazelnut tree) is filled with decorations, as is my other tree. 







I love changing my ornaments and displays to match the season or special days, and I love baking so after baking for others I made a chocolate cake for our Easter treat. It was delicious with a glass of Chateau Laroque Margaux  from Bordeaux Wine UK that we opened to accompany our beef dinner.


Yesterday was a sad day, it's ten years since my Dad passed away. I miss him everyday. 

We always have a scampi and chips for dinner as that was his choice whenever we had dinner at the pub (after reading all the menu but still choosing scampi) and always accompanied by a glass of rosé wine. 



Our rose wine was a super bottle of Miraval, a gift from Hubby's sister and brother-in-law on their recent visit from USA. Our friends' joined us for dinner as it was their actual wedding anniversary so our evening started with a bottle of bubbly, Sainsbury's Blanc de Noir. 

A very mixed Easter holiday with fun times all round, I hope your Easter has been filled with fun, friends and of course chocolate!


No comments: