Sunday 27 February 2022

February's final week

It's been a very strange week this week, life in the last two and a half years has felt in many ways like we're living in a dream or a movie. 

The events in Ukraine are unbelievable, I cannot begin to image how the Ukrainian people are feeling having to leave their homes with just a few items, what would you take, where would you go ... and all in fear of bombs and attacks. My prayers are with everyone affected by this conflict and I pray peace will soon return to their lives. 


This year I am hoping to blog every Sunday to record our wines and adventures. My blog is more about a diary for us to enjoy the memories. I'm very surprised sometimes when I look back for a specific wine or moment how long it actually was. Today I've included the wines we've enjoyed but only as photos as it's been a sad week for us. 

Wednesday night Hubby and I walked to our local Greene King pub, we haven't been for nearly a year. Sadly just as our food arrived Hubby received a call with the devastating news that his Mum had passed away. She lived in a nearby care home and was quite well, it was so sudden and so unexpected with the added trauma of it being the same day 32 years earlier that Hubby's Dad passed away.

This weekend has been a little lighter as our daughter and her partner are here. We could not visit her in Cardiff earlier this month to celebrate her birthday as she caught Covid, this weekend was her birthday celebrations. We did enjoy a lovely sparkling rose wine and a lovely meal, I of course made a birthday cake, but understandably we've been a bit subdued. 

Our wine this week was two whites and three reds, although I didn't have the Faustino V or McPherson Andrew's Reserve. 



So like I said life has been very surreal this week, hopefully the next few days and weeks will be better for us all. Hubby and I have a week away booked mid March ... fingers crossed we can go. 

No comments: