Sunday, 30 August 2026

RHS Garden Wisley Glasshouse & Afternoon Tea

A while ago we had a trip to RHS Garden Wisley, it was actually a birthday gift from my son and his girlfriend. As RHS Garden Wisley is quite a way from us we made a few days of it and also visited Grey's Court and Hampton Court Palace.

Royal Horticultural Society Garden Wisley has 75 garden staff, 25 students and 100 volunteers all working hard on the 240 acre site. The original 60 acre site was given to the RHS in 1903 but only a small part was a cultivated garden.

With so much to see, and it being one of this year's hottest days, we first visited the 40ft high Glasshouse before the heat of the day. It is home to the tender plant collection with a tropical zone, a moist temperature section and a dry temperate zone.

Sophie Ryder's Dancing Hares sculpture stands over 14 feet tall, they are very striking in their position just outside the Glasshouse


I love plants but I'm not a good gardener and I'm rubbish at remembering names (not just plants hee hee) 

It was amazing inside the Glasshouse, beautiful hibiscus and so many ferns and succulents which are Hubby's favourites. I have no idea about them so just enjoy the photos as I enjoyed walking round such beautiful plants.











Every where was so beautiful and very well cared for. I'm very pleased we did the Glasshouse first as it was very hot when we came out. 

RHS Garden Wisley has so many garden areas which we wandered through, thankfully I had my black lined parasol, and I will blog about those gardens in a separate blog.

As part of my gift our son and girlfriend had included Afternoon Tea in the Terrace Restaurant. It was a delicious treat, tasty sandwiches followed by scones with jam and cream with a few sweet desserts including melt in the mouth meringues.


We have not visited a Royal Horticultural Society garden before, the 30+ degree heatwaves had certainly affected the gardens but everywhere still looked beautiful. The heat made it a little uncomfortable walking round but we had a superb time and really enjoyed our gifted visit.




No comments: