Saturday 25 November 2023

Children in Need dinner

Last week it was the annual BBC Childre in Need so my beloved Pudsey was released from the attic for one night only ... he's looking ok for nearly 30!


Our friends were here for dinner so I had a bit of fun with our menu starting with a 'face' plate each to accompany our dips.


Children always love chicken nuggets and mash potato. My grown up version was made using crushed BBQ crisps for the chicken coating and the pots of mash had bacon bits and cheese included.


Our dessert was chocolate cornflake cake with green peppermint custard. It's the perfect combo and one often served at my school when I was young. We all loved the cornflake cake and wondered why we don't make it now our children are grown up.


I have a very special condiment set that was my parents and I remember it at Christmas when I was very young before my parents divorced. I don't use it very often but as a nod to my childhood it had pride of place on our table. 


It was a super night, great fun to prepare, I do love a themed dinner. I didn't take photos of our wines but the following evening I did enjoy a sparkling Cava with a dash of Chambord ... cheers!


No comments: