Tuesday 20 April 2021

A big big boost

Yesterday Hubby and I drove a few miles into the nearby countryside. We parked at Sutton Cheney wharf and took a stroll along the canal ... a try out for my new boots!

I'd had to wait until the shops reopened as I wanted to try them on before buying. Friday we were in town for my second vaccination so took the opportunity, they are so comfy. 

Our walk was 3.8km starting along the canal then up and over the bridge to walk some of the Battle of Bosworth Battlefield site and back through Ambion wood to the wharf. There were plenty of others out walking, with and without four legged friends. Everyone stepped aside with a cheery 'good morning'. 

It was so nice to be out and about; an added bonus was we saw some baby Moorhens, I had never seen babies before, so cute! 









It was so lovely to be out in the spring sunshine, it does make you feel good .... and today I feel even better as Mr Postie delivered the best letter ever. 

A few weeks ago I had a follow up scan for my breast cancer, it is awful waiting for results and this was the first scan since my operation last April. I'm sure the whole UK heard my scream .... no abnormality seen .... it's gone, and it was in writing. 

Oh my, what a weight lifted, the last 18 months of yuk yuk yuk have worked. 

I feel so so happy and so so grateful to everyone at George Eliot Hospital and University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire, they are amazing! 

Hubby and I opened a bottle of Chapel Down Sparkling Bacchus this afternoon to celebrate, we have saved a little for this evening. We have also celebrated with a glass of Bond Street Distillery Signature Gin, part of a gift from our son which I was saving for when it was all over .... and today it is! 



I am still smiling from today's news, and I think the robin was smiling too. I know who was visiting and his watchful eye has helped me throughout ... thank you Dad 😘



No comments: